State Level Inter-Collegiate Debate Competition 2017-18
Debate is one of the ancient method of studies.It help the students to know the deep knowledge of the subjects.Debate increase the confidence among the students.It also increase the active role of the students in the participation..Students who participate in the debate while preparing the topic he evaluate the knowledge and also improve the students oral communication skills.
In academic year students go to the various examination process.beside this there are also the various activitieslike debate in which development of students take place.In debate students learn to know about the time management.In debate students work together and read various books in detail about the subject.In this method students also evaluate the subject in detail.Research shows that Debate bring all round development among the students and also increase self confidence among the students.
College participation in various debate competition
- Chirag Dave pariticipated in National Elocution competition ,2018 organisedbySeva Mandal Education Society ‘s Smt.K.G.Shah Law School Matunga, Mumbai he was the Second Runner up in the competition.
- InMarathwadaMitra Mandal’s Late ShankarraoChavan law College Amruta V Kharade have pariticipated in the competition.
- A.K.Khan Law College PINNACLE oraginesed competition Nidhi Ranka and KushalKarwa have participated in the debate competition and students AbhaTotla and SashantSardesai has won First Prize in the debate competition.
- Priyanka Deshpande and Aporva Singh had pariticipated in Sadhu Vaswani Mission St.Mira ‘s College for Girls.
- INDIRA COLLEGE OF COMMERCE AND SCIENCE has organized INDIRA MODEL UNITE NATIONS CONFERENCE and Special Mention in which Zunaid Tapia has pariticipated.
- World Trade Organization at Dynamic Training Model United Nations Pune Chapter Zuniad Tapia and Andrian Abbi has participated.
- In Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies Nidhi Ranka and Swati Kshirasagar have participated.
- KhitishBhandary,Chaitanya Marne and Aditya Mhase have participated in Parliamentary Debate competition in H.S.N.C. Board’s G..J Advani Law College Vidhi Kiran 2017-18 in National Level law Fest .
State Level Inter-Collegiate Debate Competition 2017-18
A strong platform for developing public speaking skills is the backbone of any Law School. Every year College organizesLate Shri. Gopal Ganesh AgarkarSmrutiKarandak – State Level Inter-collegiate Debate Competition, through MIMANSA-College Debate Forum. As rightly said by Lord Dennings, “I may not agree with you, but I will fight till last moment of my life for protection of your right to say so”, the reason behind our initiation of organizing debate competition is not only to develop debating & arguing skills, but also to imbibe the spirit of democratic values and to inculcate openness of mind for new ideas. Our college is striving to achieve this motto through this competition.place.
On 22nh and 23rd August, 2017 ,DES Shri Navalmal Firodia Law College, hosted the ninth edition of Late Gopal Ganesh AgarkarSmrutiKarandak State Level Inter- Collegiate Debate Competition. Even this year the College received an overwhelming response from various regions of Maharashtra state. This competition was conducted in two rounds, 'Preliminary round' and 'Final round'. Language of expression was bilingual, either Marathi or English. Time Limit prescribed for the preliminary round was 7 minutes for each participant and for the final round 20 minutes for each team.
Unique features of the competition
To have the transparency while conducting the competition and to give written feedback of every participant besides participation certificate, college gave actual score of each participant along with the comments of the judges. A separate score sheet containing total score break-up of total marks in different parameters for evaluation and actual comments of judges pertaining to strengths and weaknesses of individual participant is given to each participant. In the final round judges poses questions to the participating teams regarding points put forth to them. DES's Shri Navalmal Firodia Law College is the first college in state of Maharashtra which has provided such a document containing actual score and comments to every participant in the debate competition
Topics for Preliminary Round
- Mandatory Minimum Qualification for Political Office is justified!
- Every Indian State should have its own Flag!
- Right to Privacy is not a Fundamental Right!
- India is Capable of Military Combat against China!
Topic for Final Round
- Waiving of Loan is only Solution to Farmer’s Suicide!
|Winner Team||Cash Prize of Rs 7000 + Rolling Trophy + Certificate of honor|
|Runners up Team||Cash prize of Rs 5000 + Runners up Trophy+ Certificate of honor|
|Best Speaker||Cash prize of Rs. 2000 + Trophy + Certificate of honor|
|Consolation prize||prize of Rs. 1000 + Trophy + Certificate of honor|
|4 Special Appreciation Prizes (From Preliminary Round||Cash prize of Rs. 500 each + Trophy + certificate of honor. (From preliminary round)|
Judges for Preliminary Round
Judges invited by the college were having in-depth knowledge and experience in the field of oratory skills.
- Dr. RavindraMhasade, Assistant Professor,Ness Wadia College, Pune
- Dr. ChandrahasSonpethkar,Assistant Professor , Tilak College of Education,Pune
- Smt..RupaliShinde, Assistant Professor, Fergussion College Pune
- Shri. Swapnil Bapat, Sr. Journalist
- ShriJagdish Magar, Assistant Professor, K.B. Arts and Commerce College, Thane.
- Smt.. Ketaki Joshi, Advocate, Pune
Judges for Final Round
- Shri PandurangShitole, Trustee Paniparishad Pune
- Shri. Ramesh jadhav, Editor, Agro One Pune
- Smt. Swati Joshi ,Social Activist, Lonavala
Chief Guest for the inauguration and prize distribution
Ninth edition of this competition was inaugurated at the auspicious hands of Smt. Aruna Dhere ,veteran writer and Shri Sharad Kunte,Chairman, Governing Body and Council, Deccan Education Society was Guest of Honour
Shri PandurangShitole, Trustee, PaniParishad Pune was chief guest for the prize distribution ceremony.
Ismail Mulla Law College, Satara
1 Dhumal Susmita
2 Jadhav Mrunalini
|Runners up Team||
College of Engineering ,Pune
1 Ashwini Salunke
2 Aditya Walunj
Cadets Training Wing, Dapodi
1 Zorawar Singh
1 Harshada Sunil Abhyankar
|Special Appreciation Prizes (From Preliminary Round)||
MMM’s ShankarraoChavhan Law College,Pune
As rightly said by William Penn, “In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest”. The objective behind organizing this debate competition is to inculcate, not only debating and arguing skills but also to imbibe openness of mind to new was ideas and develop the spirits of democracy.