General Library Rules
- The Library is open to the bonafide members of DES’s Navalmal Firodia Law College.
- The admission to the library is permitted on production of valid I.D. Card issued by the College.
- Students are requested to sign the Gate Register kept at the counter.
- All the issued books, personal text books, any other books or books borrowed from other libraries are not allowed in the library. They have to be deposited in the property counter.
- Bags, Briefcases, umbrella, jerkins and Personal belongings must be deposited at the property counter. No valuables should be deposited at the property counter.
- Library does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property left on the premises.
- The property left at the counter must be taken back on the same day.
- Silence should be maintained in the library.
- While leaving the library, members are required to show their files, file covers, books to the staff on duty at the gate.
- Misuse of library materials will result in expelling the student from the library.
- Entry of media, photography & video recording is prohibited in the library.
- Eatables are not allowed in the library.
- Carrying of mobiles is not allowed in the library.
Monday to Saturday: 08.00 a.m to 6.00 p.m
Closed on Sunday and Holidays
Before Examination: 08.00 a.m. to 08.00 p.m.
Issue Time: 10.00 a.m. to 04.00 p.m.
|B.A. LL.B; LL.B and DTL B.B.A.LL.B
Check in Policy (Issues)
- Students should produce I.D. Card for issuing of books
- Students should get the book duly issued at the circulation counter and take due date stamp on the due date slip.
Check in Policy (Returns)
- Books should be returned on or before the due date mentioned on due date slip.
- A late fine of Rs. 2/ day / volume is charged for books returned after due date.
- Books are renewed on the due date only
- Books can be renewed in person twice for 15 days unless they are reserved.
Lost/Mutilation of Books
- Loss of or damage to books must be reported immediately.
- Users should replace the lost book with the latest edition of the book.
- A fine of Rs. 2/day will be charged from the due date till the date of receipt of the book.
- Incase the user is unable to replace the material with the stipulated time, the Library would initiate the purchase and you would be charged the actual cost of the book/material plus 20% the additional charge.
- Replacement cost of the book will mean the latest price as per bibliographical sources available in the library or market price or price as per Accession Register whichever is higher plus postal and incidental charges to be incurred in procuring the book.
- If book belongs to a set and is not available individually then students have to replace or pay for the whole set.
- If the book is out of print or where price is not known then chare 5% over and above the price of the material has to be borne by the student.
Loss of Identity Card
- Loss of I.D Card must be reported immediately.
- Duplicate I.D card will be issued to student on payment of Rs. 50
Teaching and Non – Teaching Staff
- Books are issued against their Identity Cards
- Books should be returned at the end of each semester