NSS Annual Report 2014-15
Provisional registration followed by interviews for selection of NSS volunteers were started in the beginning of this Academic Year for which an overwhelming response was recorded. An orientation programme for new NSS volunteers was organized to introduce them with the working of the NSS and proposed Regular and Special Activities for this Academic Year. The weekly meetings were conducted regularly on Monday. Following programmes were organized in 2014-15
- The NSS volunteers performed a street play on ‘Cyber Crime’ in the programme conducted by Fergusson College with affiliation of Pune Police which was organized in Amphi Theatre. The volunteers made an attempt to create the awareness about Cyber Crimes with the help of street plays during Ganesh Festival from 3rd to 7th September 2014..
- NSS Unit contributed substantially in celebration of Independence Day and Republic Day in the College on 15th August, 2014 and 26th January, 2015 respectively.
- An inaugural function for a formal beginning of NSS activities was organized in the hands of the Chief Guest Dr. Dattatray Balsaraf, Principal, Indrayani College, Talegaon Dabhade on 16th September, 2014.
- One day NSS camp was organized, after formal inauguration of NSS Unit, at the village named Charholi on 16th September, 2014.
- On 23rd August, 2014 Public Trust Register Training was organized in our college and almost all NSS volunteers participated in the same. It was organized in association with the Charity Commissioner, Pune for updating record of Trust Register.
- Rally on AIDS awareness was organized on 1st December, 2014 on the occasion of “World AIDS Day”.
- NSS unit celebrated Youth Day on 12th January, 2015 on the occasion of Swami Vivekand Jayanti presided by Dr. Mukundrao Abhyankar as the chief guest for the same. As a contribution towards the society our students organized Tree Plantation as well as Blood Donation Camp in our college.
- NSS unit organized “Zero Plastic Abhiyan” from 2nd to 16th January, 2015. The whole campus of the college was cleaned by NSS Volunteers.
- NSS unit celebrated Road Safety Week during 21st to 27th January, 2015 and organized Intra-Collegiate Essay Writing Competition on two topics (1) Role of youth in road safety (2) Road safety: A developing culture.
NSS 7 DAY SPECIAL CAMP
The Seven Days Camp of NSS was organized during 9th to 15th December, 2014 in the village i.e. Diwale, Tal. Bhor, Dist. Pune located around 35 Km from our college. The village was adopted by the college to conduct various activities. Total 25 Volunteers participated in this Seven Days Special Camp which included 10 boys and 15 girls. The valuation of work done under this camp reached to Rs 63,000. The work completed in this camp includes a small Dam on River, Gramswachata, Village Survey, preservation of Water Sources, Women Empowerment and Legal Aid and Awareness.
Various guest lectures were also organized whereby eminent speakers through light on few important topics like Right to Information, Women Empowerment, Village Cleanliness, Water Conservation and Water Harvesting etc. The 7th day marked the last day of the week long NSS camp and a valedictory function was organized which was presided by Shri. Somdatta Patwardhan from Sevavardhini as a Chairperson, along with our Principal Dr. Rohini Honap and two representatives of adopted village.
PARTICIPATION IN VARIOUS EVENTS
- Mayur Pangarkar participated in “Prerna”- A State Level NSS camp organized by Savitribai Phule Pune University during 27th to 31st December 2014.
- Amar Lavtee participated in National Integrity Camp at Mysore, Karnataka during 23rd to 31st January, 2015.
- Sushama Kadam and Chirag Dave participated in University Level Water Conservation and Water Harvesting camp at Sangamner, Ahmednagar during 5th to 9th February, 2015.
Participation in various Events
- Radhika Hastak, Sonali Kandalkar, Gayatri Pillai, Mayur Pangarkar, Chirag Dave, Shalaka Deshpande, Meghana Gaikwad participated in ‘Rashtra Sant Tukdoji Maharaj Sahitya Sammelan’ organized by Savitribai Phule Pune University on 2nd February, 2015 at Balgandharva, Pune.
- Manasi Rozekar, Krishna Gawande and Chirag Dave participated in the National Peace Essay Contest for young people organized by Manav Ekta Mission, India on 10th January, 2015 and the theme for the same was ‘My Role as Citizen of Earth’.
- Prof. Anil Sawarkar guided NSS Volunteers about “Utility of Psychological Tests in Therapy” on 2nd February, 2015
- Hrishikesh Shinde, Rushikesh Kale, Pushkar Shivale Patil and Vishal Sawant participated in the 5th Indian Student Parliament held during 10th to 12th January, 2015 organised by MIT, Pune.
Our NSS volunteers have participated in various Inter-Collegiate Street Play competitions like Sinhgad Karandak, Pinnacle, Duff Karandak, Swachata Karandak and have won 1st prize in Pinnacle as well as Swacchata Karandak and 2nd prize in Duff Karandak in Modern Law College. The Street Play Team of the year includes:
- Amar Lavte
- Sushama Kadam
- Sneha Kulkarni
- Srushti Gotad
- Mrudula Kulkarni
- Aaditya Vyas
- Pratik Gaikwad
- Hrishikesh Shinde
- Sonali Kandalkar
- Mayur Pangarkar