NSS Annual Report 2015-16
Provisional registration followed by interviews for selection of NSS volunteers were started in the beginning of this Academic Year for which an overwhelming response was recorded. An orientation programme for new NSS volunteers was organized to introduce them with the working of the NSS and proposed Regular and Special Activities for this Academic Year. The weekly meetings were conducted regularly on Monday. Following programmes were organized by NSS in 2015-16
- “Amrutversha- A Day for Farmers” (Rice Paddy Plantation for needy farmers) was organized in few villages in Bhor taluka on 1st August, 2015.
- “Zero Plastic Abhiyan” was organized on 17th August, 2015 in which whole campus of college was cleaned by NSS Volunteers.
- The NSS Unit participated in the celebration of Independence Day and Republic Day on 15th August, 2015 and 26th January, 2016 respectively by decorating the college campus.
- “Cleanliness Drive” was organissed on 17th August, 2015 under “Green College, Clean College” campaign in collaboration with Kirloskar Vasundhara Group.
- One Day Legal Literacy Camp was organized at Yerwada Jail, Pune on 25th August, 2015 in association with Pune District Legal Service Authority, Pune whereby the NSS Volunteers delivered speeches and performed a street play on “Rights of Prisoners”.
- A District Court visit was organized on 5th September, 2015 in association with the Pune District Legal Services Authority, Pune where the NSS volunteers created legal awareness with the help of a street play on Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism.
- Anti Tobacco Day was organized on 20 July, 2015 whereby Suraj Gurav, Yukti Jain and Anjana Kunwar delivered speeches on “Harms Due to Tobacco Consumption”.
- The volunteers of NSS conducted Green Band Campaign and performed street play in college campus during the college fest highlighting eco-friendly initiative for eco-friendly campus.
- A survey of School Drop Children was carried out in the nearby college area and in the adopted village Gadadavane, Taluka Mulashi, Dist. Pune. We found 18 students which are reported to the proper authority.
- A guest lecture was organized as a part of ‘Youth Week activities’ whereby an eminent speaker Lt. Gen. D. B. Shekatkar interacted with the College students on the topic ‘Clean India’ on 15th January, 2016.
- The Blood Donation Camp was organized on 11th February, 2016 whereby 36 donors took the privilege to save the lives by donating blood.
NSS 7 DAY SPECIAL CAMP
The 7 Days Camp of NSS which was organized during 16th December, 2015 to 22nd December, 2015 in the village Gadadavane, Tal. Mulshi, Dist. Pune located around 27 KMs from our college. This village is adopted by the College for next 3 years. 25 volunteers participated in this 7 Day Special NSS camp which included¬¬ 14 girls and 11 boys. Various guest lectures were organized whereby eminent speakers interacted with the students and villagers on topics like Right to Information, Increasing Rate of Child Crime, Road Safety, etc. The 7th day marked as the last day of weeklong NSS camp and a valedictory function was organized presided by Sarpanch of Gadadavane along with our Principal Dr. Rohini Honap and two representative villagers of the village.
PARTICIPATION IN VARIOUS EVENTS
- Chirag Dave participated in Eco Ranger’s National Conference on 5th September 2015 organised by Vasundhara Kirloskar group in Pune.
- Manasi Rozekar participated during 5th to 7th February, 2016 in ‘Utkarsha- Social and Cultural Competition’ organized at Mahatma Phule Agricultural University, Rahuri, Dist. Ahmednagar. In this competition, Savitribai phule Pune University won overall trophy.
- Tejas Kase and Snehal Sawal participated in a University Level NSS Camp during 6th to 8th February, 2016 which was organized by Savitribai Phule Pune University in association with Ness Wadia College of Commerce, Pune.
- Amar Lavte and Sushama Kadam participated in One Day Workshop on Road Safety organized by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune on 5 January, 2016.
NSS volunteers have participated in various Inter-Collegiate Street Play competitions like Street Play Competition organized by Vasundhara Kirloskar group, Symbiosis College and Cummins College of Engineering for Girls, Pinnacle, Duff Karandak and won 2nd Prize in both Pinnacle and Duff Karandak. The participants for the same were:
- Amar Lavte
- Sushama Kadam
- Srushti Gotad
- Sneha Kulkarni
- Mrudula Kulkarni
- Sumeet Deshpande
- Aditya Ayachit
- Pratik Gaikwad
- Hrishikesh Shinde
- Kumar Diwakar
- Snehal Sawal
- Suraj Gurav
NSS volunteers also participated and won 2nd prize in Swacchata Karandak organized by Samarth Bharat Vyaspeeth. The participants for the same were:
- Pramod Wadekar
- Chirag Dave
- Surabhi Subhash
- Anjana Kunwar
- Pooja Thakur
- Manasi Rozekar
- Ranoji Sonawane
- Kushal Karwa
- Suraj Gurav
- Snehal Sawal
- Arjun Gaware
- Suraj Gurav