NSS Annual Report 2016-17
Provisional registration followed by interviews for selection of NSS volunteers were started in the beginning of this Academic Year for which an overwhelming response was recorded. An orientation programme for new NSS volunteers was organized to introduce them with the working of the NSS and proposed Regular and Special Activities for this Academic Year. The weekly meetings were conducted regularly on Monday. Following are the activities conducted and participated by the volunteers of NSS in this academic year
- Tree plantation of ten indigenous plants in college campus was organized on 1st July 2016.
- “Swacha College Abhiyan” was organized on 5th July, 2016. The college campus was cleaned by NSS Volunteers.
- Amrutvarsha- A Day for Farmers (Rice Paddy Plantation for needy farmers) was organized in few villages in Velhe Taluka on 19th July, 2016. The volunteers were divided in four groups of 9-10 volunteers in one group. Different groups worked from 11am: to 3:50pm in different farms for rice daddy plantation.
- “Care Trees- Care Future” campaign was organised on 25th July 2016 during 1:30 pm to 3:30pm in College Campus.
- The NSS Unit decorated the college campus and participated in celebration of Independence Day as well as Republic Day on 15th August, 2016 and 26th January, 2017 respectively.
- An awareness drive on Plastic and E-waste Management was organised on F. C. Road and at Ganesh Rang Manch during 18th August to 28th August 2016.
- Five NSS volunteers actively participated in the seminar on Plastic and E-waste Management organized by Department of Environmental Science, Fergusson College, Pune in association with Poornam Ecovision Foundation, Vijnana Bharati Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha, SPARC and Cummins on 26th August 2016.
- The Cleanliness Drive and Zero Garbage Campaign were organized by College on 2nd September, 2016 in association with Janwani and Pune Municipal Corporation. The programme was further continued throughout ganpati festival at Hatti Ganpati, Hirabag Ganpati and Kasba Ganpati. Street Plays and awareness rallies were used as an effective tool for mass awareness about need of cleanliness and pollution free environment.
- One day Legal Aid Camp was organized on 13th September, 2016 at Village Nere, Tal: Mulshi, Dist: Pune. A street play and awareness rally was organized for legal aid awareness. Five trees were also planted by the volunteers. PSI Arun waykar addressed NSS volunteers.
- NSS volunteers participated actively in “Human Chain for Road Safety” organized by Deccan Police Station, Pune on 06th October 2016.
- NSS volunteers actively participated in interactions with Hon. Shri. Prakashji Jawadekar (HRD Minister) during Finance literacy campaign organized by NSS, Savitribai Phule Pune University on 30th December 2016.
- NSS volunteers participated in Women Empowerment Rally organized by Deccan Police Station on 5th January 2017.
- NSS volunteers actively volunteered for Divyang Sahayata Camp on 12 and 13 January 2017. The Volunteers decorated Campus of Primary school of Sanskar Pratisthan and volunteered for organizing various competitions organized for differently-abled students in Pune District.
- Blood Donation camp was organized on 20th January 2017 in association with Janakalyan Raktapedhi, Pune. The total strength of the blood donors reached to 54.
- NSS Volunteers participated in 3 days University level Camp organized by NSS, Savitribai Phule Pune University and DES’s Fergusson College, Pune during 6 to 8 February 2017.
- NSS volunteers participated in Voter’s Awareness Campaign. A street play was played during 16 to 19 February in College campus as well as on F. C. road to aware voters about their rights.
NSS 7 DAY SPECIAL CAMP
Seven Days NSS Camp was organized at Village Gadadavane (Ambadwet Grampanchayat) Tal. Mulshi, Dist. Pune during 3/12/2016 to 9/12/2016. Various cultural and extracurricular activities were organized during camp which includes legal aid and advice campaign, street play, awareness campaigns for women empowerment and child labour prohibition, etc. Few cultural activities, sport competitions were also organized in the Camp. Various guest lecturers of well known speakers like Shri. Suresh Dwadeshiwar, Shri. Pradeep Patil, Prof. Dr. Ambrish Akhare, Prof. Dr. Pratapsinh Salunke etc. were also organized. The total evaluation of the work done reached to Rs. 46,000/-. Total 25 NSS volunteers actively participated in various activities in the Camp like Gram Swachata, Health Survey, Cleanliness of Primary School Campus, Preservation of Water Reservoir, tree preservation, etc.