NSS Annual Report 2017-18
Faculty in charge- Dr. Sukdeo Ingale, Asst. Professor
Mr. Samrat Jambhulkar was the Student Representatives of NSS for the academic year 2017-18. Following are the activities conducted and participated by the volunteers of NSS in this academic year
- This academic year began with orientation of NSS volunteers organized on 10th July 2017.
- 45 NSS volunteers participated in “Swacha College Abhiyan” on 20-21st July, 2017. The college campus was cleaned by NSS Volunteers.
- The NSS Unit actively participated in decoration of the college campus for celebration of Independence Day as well as Republic Day on 15th August, 2017 and 26th January, 2018 respectively. In this programme 41 NSS volunteers participated actively.
- 43 volunteers participated in Zero plastic campus week organized during 23/01/2018 to 30/01/2018
- 40 volunteers participated in Guest Lecture of Ms Disha Shaikh organized on the occasion of Youth Day on 12/01/2018. The topic for the same was changing mindset of the youth.
- 32 volunteers actively participated in the project of vermin-compost pits in College Campus. Total six vermin-compost pits are in place under this project for waste management.
- 38 volunteers participated in “Road to Auditorium” programme by which a pathway was prepared by volunteers to make easy way to the auditorium.
- 44 volunteers participated in Cleanliness Drive and Zero Garbage awareness campaign organized by College on 11 August, 2017. Street Plays and awareness rallies were used as an effective tool for mass awareness about need of cleanliness and pollution free environment.
- 47 volunteers participated in one day legal aid camp organized at Village Maangaon, Tal: Mulshi, Dist: Pune. It was organized in Jagrut Apang Sanghatna Sanchalit Mahatma Phule Apang Prashikshan Kendra, Mangaon Pune. A street play and awareness rally was organized for legal aid awareness about rights of differently-abled persons.
- 7 Days NSS camp was organized at Village Gadadavane (Ambadwet Grampanchayat) Tal. Mulshi, Dist. Pune during 4/12/2017 to 12/12/2017. Various cultural and extracurricular activities were organized during camp which includes legal aid, street play, awareness campaign, and guest lecturers of Dr. Ganga Reshmi (Importance of reading), Asst. Prof. Sourabh Ubale (Human Rights and Women Empowerment), Shri. Pradeep Patil (Watershed Management), Shri. Sunil Nagare (Utility of Atrophy Pits) Asst. Prof. Rahul Bibave (Digital Literacy Awareness). In this camp the NSS Volunteers had opportunity to live village life and understand socio-economic as well as legal issues in villages.
- During the seven days camp, all the NSS volunteers (25) actively participated in various activities like awareness about women empowerment and prevention of child labour, construction of CCT as a part of watershed management, Gram Swachata, Village Survey, cleanliness of primary school campus and Awareness about prevention of female feticide, Tree preservation, etc. The total evaluation of work done is Rs. 65,000/-.
- 20 students actively participated in water distribution on Fergusson College Road to the varkari while they were on their way during return of Dindi.
- 42 volunteers participated in the celebration of Yoga day on 21st June 2017.
- 25 NSS volunteers actively volunteered for Divyang Sahayata Camp on 12 and 13 Feb. 2018. The Volunteers decorated Campus of Primary school of Sanskar Pratisthan and volunteered for organizing various competitions organized for differently-abled students in Pune District.
- Blood Donation camp was organized on 5th Feb. 2018 in association with Janakalyan Raktapedhi, Pune. Total 46 NSS volunteers participated in organizing the camp. The total strength of the blood donors was 57. List of the Blood Donors is attached at the end of report.
- 43 volunteers participated in organizing a street play competition on 6th January 2018 in association with Vasundhara Kirloskar International Film Festival.